Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

C2E2: Cool happenings to look out for!




C2E2 starts tomorrow and let me just say I am jealous! I have always wanted to go to C2E2 since it's inception in 2010, I envisioned knocking out one of my bucket list items by attending a game at Wrigley then hitting up the convention to complete the trip. Unfortunately that has not been an option for me yet but that has not stopped me from researching and planning what I would consider doing!

So without further ado here are some cool happenings that caught my eye on what is available at C2E2:


SCAVENGER HUNTS!

POWER UP WITH C2E2’S MOBILE SCAVENGER HUNT!
I am not sure why but scavenger hunts have always peaked my interest. I am not sure if it is the competition of completing it or the prize that can be won in the end. C2E2 looks to be having a pretty fun one that requires downloading the Official C2E2 Mobile App then trying to locate a bunch of QR codes scattered all over the convention floor!

Here is a link to get more info on the scavenger hunt at C2E2:
http://www.c2e2.com/Whats-Happening/Events-I-Q/Power-Up-Scavenger-Hunt/

Operation Anti-Reach: C2E2 Edition
Young Justice fans this one is for you!
http://christopherjonesart.tumblr.com/post/48843092401/christopherjoneswebminion-i-made-a-young


FREEBIES!!!

The title says it all right? Who doesn't love freebies! There will be a lot! Just visit the comic publisher booths that I mention later in this article and I am sure you fill your bags with a bunch of goodies. It is also a good idea to keep track of Twitter and Facebook for other surprises that may pop up. 

The number one thing to do when Marvel is at a convention is to download their app - Marvel Events App it will have everything they plan on doing on that app. So signings, giveaways, etc will be there.

Here are a few more contest and other that made me pause and take notice: 

Archaia Entertainment LLC are running a Foursquare, Instagram and Twitter contest all details can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/events/434507266642329/

FEARnet is running a booth contest where you can win the PS3 video game Dead Island Riptide -http://instagram.com/p/Yf7o7BkFne/

FUNimation - Check-in on Foursquare at the FUNimation Channel C2E2 panel on Sunday, 4/28 at 12:15pm CT. Room W470a. Free giveaways at the panel! - https://www.facebook.com/FUNimationChannel/posts/539845066058600

Star Wars Action News 
Going to @C2E2 this weekend? Get one of our free collectir's badges. The first 100 people who Find a Star Wars Action News host get this awesome badge with a code on the back for an exclusive T-Shirt design download! - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151427447067153&l=96f94ef08d

Tim Seeley - ‏@HackinTimSeeley (twitter)
By the way, the first REVIVAL cosplayer I see gets a free 'CBLDF exclu. issue 9.' There's a still a few days until C2E2...

Christopher Jones - ‏@ChrisJonesArt (twitter)
Remember, show me at @C2E2 that you follow me on Twitter & receive a FREE button or Disco Nightwing mini-print! #C2E2 


Andy Price - ‏@AndyPriceArt (twitter)
First person at the show to bring us a box of Fannie Mays gets a free $10 size head sketch! @c2e2  #Bronies

Dear Dinosaur the Webcomic is running a cute first get type contest 
If you are at C2E2 this weekend, here is a fun challenge! The first person to get a sketch of Dear Dinosaur in Artist Alley wins an original Dear Dinosaur page! Just post a picture here or to Ryan on twitter (@RyanSchrodt) along with the name of the artist to win! -  https://www.facebook.com/DearDinoComic?v=wall

PANELS AND SIGNINGS!

Looking over the panels offered there are definitely a couple I would have liked to attend such as the DC Entertainment - ALL ACCESS, Beer & Comics and Felicia Day Q&A panels on Friday. The Travel Channel’s “Toy Hunter” – This is Not Your Ordinary Child’s Play!, DC COMICS – THE NEW 52, PETER PANZERFAUST – FROM COMICS TO SCREEN, VALIANT 2013: HARBINGER WARS AND BEYOND and The CHEW Panel panels on Saturday. The Marvel: Next Big Thing, We Are BOOM! and MARVEL: X-Men panels on Sunday.

They have some cool guests that are attending and signing (fee and free) that can located here - http://www.c2e2.com/Whos-Coming/Autographs/

ARTIST ALLEY!

This is the area that I love to spend most of my day at as it gives me the unique opportunity to communicate with the creators (if attending) of the comics that pre-occupied most of my time as a youth and still till this day as an adult. Here are a few that I noticed (not in any particular order):

  • Alex Ross
  • Len Wein
  • J. Michael Straczynski
  • Michael Golden
  • Olivier Coipel
  • Tony S. Daniel
  • Rick Remender
  • Amanda Conner
  • Amy Reeder
  • Ben Templesmith
  • Steve Niles
  • Bill Sienkiewicz
  • Chris Samnee
  • Doug Mahnke
  • Scottie Young
  • Joe Eisma
  • Humberto Ramos
  • J. Scott Campbell
  • Kurtis Wiebe
  • Jim Cheung
  • Tony Moore

There are way too many artist to list here so peep out the list and see if your favorite creator is attending:

BOOTHS!

Since Marvel (booth #1119) skipped out on WonderCon seeing their booth at C2E2 definitely caught my attention and the biggest booth to boot. I usually focus on the comic publishers so 2000AD (booth #1030), Archia Entertainment LLC (booth #1019), Athleta Comic (booth #903), Avatar Press (booth #1111), BOOM! Studios (booth #913), Dark Horse Comics Inc (booth #801), Valiant Entertainment (booth #1029), Zenescope Entertainment (booth #729) and add in Capcom/IGN (booth #809) are booths that I would have visited.

PARTY!

It is always nice to unwind and let loose at an after con event here are a couple that are going on.

C2E2 After Party! April 26th 6pm

Nerd City's Live Art Luau April 26th 8pm

"SKELETOR'S EVIL PLAN": A C2E2 AFTER HOURS EVENT April 26th 9pm

Super Hero / Super Villain Bar Crawl April 27th 5:30pm

Threadless + CBLDF Party! April 27th 8pm


So those are just a few things that caught my eye while I was day dreaming about attending C2E2 one day. Hope my followers that are going to C2E2 let me know their experiences and highlights so I can live vicariously through them.


No comments:

Post a Comment